Saturday, July 17, 2010

Graduation



I can't believe I'm graduated! It feels alien to not have some higher authority saying "this is where you have to be and these are the requirements you must accomplish to succeed", strange and disorienting.
The motto of high school: Try to succeed at as many things as possible.
Philosophy of college: Pick a direction and run with it.
My problem lies in the mental transition. I almost have all my generals done from high school AP courses and concurrent enrollment and I'm being asked to pick a direction and take off running, without a map. The pressure is on to find a major that combines my loves and talents along with the ability to make a living once I graduate... no small task. After multiple freak-outs and breakdowns I have come to realize that I can't do this alone, and it's time to turn my life over to my Heavenly Father.
Mission statement for year 1: Try many things, trust God, take off running with HIS map.

No comments:

Post a Comment