Sunday, July 18, 2010

An Intro To Summer

Summer has been spectacular!... and is going by so fast. It is almost August and I still feel like a pre-schooler not quite ready yet to take the huge leap to elementary. I thought that by now my Fairy God Mother would have come and given me my readinesscollegea potion and I'd be magically transformed into a brilliant university scholar, but I'm coming to learn more and more that there is no wing-ed mythological figure to take away my fears and uneasiness, only preparation and reliance on the Lord for strength.
The school year couldn't have been more successful, I did everything I wanted to in High School in a single year, no regrets. I was the lead in the play, I was a sterling scholar, performed in the talent show, I was in many clubs and associations, and more. The best part of this picture perfect year though hasn't been the accomplishments or the worldly success I've acquired, but more the self-discovery I've undergone and the amazing friends I've come to know and love. My mom told me something at the beginning of the year that has changed my whole mentality of living, she said, "Life isn't about what you do or your accomplishments, it's about how much you love and how much you are loved," and I know that I love my family and friends, and I know that I am truly loved not only by them, but by God, and that makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment